Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Year in Review

"Surf Shop Kid: That's cool, alot of guys your age are learning to surf.

Utah: I'm 25."

Tomorrow (Monday) will be the 26th anniversary of when I roundhouse kicked my way out of the womb, and as always, I'm going to take a little time to reflect on the last year of life. First, however, are current events.

Last night was the Law Revue show, which I thought was pretty funny pre-show, but didn't get a great reception from the crowd. It's great when people are a little drunk for these things, because the lame jokes get funnier, but I think there were too many people out there with ALOT of alcohol in the system, and the result was a bunch of annoying assholes that wouldn't shut up during the dialogue. Overall though, I enjoyed myself, and I'm glad I got to hang out with a great group of people over the past couple of months. And now I know for sure that it's too early to start making fun of Steve Avery.

Anyways, here are some of the highlights from year 25:

-Going to Miami for spring break, staying in the Monaco, chasing beach cats, and getting all you can eat Filet Mignon, crab legs, and sushi for 15 bucks.

-Seeing Stocco at least five times in Madison.

-Watching Jerry Maguire three times last easter.

-Law revue this year and last.

-Figuring out what I should be doing with my life.

-Conniving fifteen thousand imaginary dollars from Ismael in a negotiations exercise.

-Alot of horribly inappropriate remarks that weren't funny at the time, but I can laugh about now...yet probably never say out loud again.

Life's a journey and I have a good feeling about the paths year 26 will take me on. By far, the hardest part of the coming year will be saying goodbye to the people I've met over the past three years. Despite all the people I can't stand in this school, there are some really great people that I know I'll miss tremendously, and mentally I think I'm already distancing myself in order to make the departure a little easier. However, in the spirit of Point Break Awareness Week, I feel that it would be appropriate to quote Bodhi: "Hey Utah, see you in the next life!"

3 Comments:

Blogger RPM said...

Happy Birthday!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Vice said...

Second.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Kevin Lomax said...

third?

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home