Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

It's not easy to be me [with melody]

I readily admit that I have very little going for me...no job, no future, no woman, no money, no respect in the community, no elephant; I'm sicker than hell, pissed off, and I have to miss the Essen Haus Bar review. However, once in a while God blesses you with something so magnificent, that you know it has to be a sign of better times to come. Behold:



For those that didn't immediately recognize the gentleman on the right, that's John Ondrasik, the lead singer of Five for Fighting. And he's wearing the shirt of my Alma Mater while representing the United States in Iraq. I saw Five for Fighting at Gustavus and that's probably when he got the shirt. The degree of separation here is like two people. I know things are going to turn around from this point on. Thanks to RPM for the photo.
"I'm 25 for a moment..."

3 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Utah said...

Before anyone can point out the error, I see that the "Replubica de Cuba" sign probably means he's in Cuba instead of Iraq. Still though, badass.

9:46 PM  
Blogger RPM said...

The information about the photo said Iraq. More Guantanamo than Baghdad. Iraq? Not so much.

No matter how lame the songs may be, the stars truly aligned in this photo.

12:26 PM  
Blogger RPM said...

The article on CNNSI confirms that the location was Guantanamo Bay.

Maybe the soldier had just come from Iraq, or maybe I need a little more sleep.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home