Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Monday, March 05, 2007

One Year of Utah

Today marks the one-year anniversary of Utah, Get Me Two. Over the past year I've brought you inane babbling on culture, law school, roommates, life, dogs, and disclosed the little-known secret that bears have a very high tax basis in all of their property. Rather than do a recap of the past year, I have instead another short, unrelated remark.

The movie Wild Hogs topped the box office this weekend with over 38 million in ticket sales. This still begs the question: What is William H. Macy doing involved with this!!?? He's a reputable actor! I mean, I can understand Martin Lawrence and Tim Allen, and even John Travolta (although his reputable work includes Face Off and Broken Arrow). I can only attribute the success of something that looked this bad in the previews to the affiliation of another motorcycle-based movie: Ghost Rider. Only there, they had the support of the great Nic Cage.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vice said...

The box office is on a serious roll down a hill into the depths of hell recently with Ghostrider, Norbit, and Wild Hoggs leading the charge.

At least next week 300 should lead the way, and a whole lotta people gotta die.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Kevin Lomax said...

I've seen Wild Hoggs. It actually is pretty good and does have moments of entertainment value.

However, Macy should never have been cast in this film. Especially since they have him bagging the beauty at the end...totally out of his league.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Johnny Utah said...

I still think it's the end of your career when you star in a movie with someone who was in "Big Momma's House."

9:51 PM  
Blogger Kevin Lomax said...

Interesting theory.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home