Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Time to Take a Stand

Sometimes in life, you have to make a stand and defend it, no matter how unpopular the view might be, or how much of a dick you look like defending it. I think I found that cause today.

Before class today, we were discussing marriage in society and I made a quip about Britney and K-Fed's divorce. Nobody laughed. So, keeping with my theory of humor, I decided to make the comment in a slightly different way until my attempts just became pathetic and people laughed at that. This time, someone responded. I feel a little context is in order. The respondent is a huge gunner who very strongly conveys the assumption that he/she is the smartest person in the room, even on matters of opinion. The gunner is surrounded by a clique of serious people who tend to agree. The quasi-verbatim response: "You must really think it's funny what happened with their marriage, because I find it tragic and just because they were in the public light doesn't mean we should belittle their family or choices." Following the outburst, the PC posse nodded silent agreement.

Now I'm used to taking alot of heat when I make arguments, express my opinion, or utter horribly inappropriate comments. But this one I can't back down on. You can insult my politics, my background, my job prospects, my position that historical evidence supports the possibility that vampires once existed, and the bumbling series of events I call my life. But DON'T try to make something that is very CLEARLY hilarious a serious somber event just because you're trying to be PC. Kevin Federline is a huge douchebag who landed a beautiful multimillionaire. Then he continued being a douchebag and now he's out on his ass. I personally find that very funny, and will not stand for insults to my comedic integrity. Sure, some jokes flop. But some things are just so inherently hilarious that we can't stand to bury humor in the muck of PC. Regardless of the real world trouble Britney, K-Fed, and their kids all face, I'm taking a stand. It's funny.

2 Comments:

Blogger RPM said...

Utah, the subject of K-Fed is intrinsically hilarious. The only problem is that we keep paying attention.

To say it another way, I'm all for
someone who says stars should be able to live their lives with more privacy. Simply put, that sort of ideal can't happen now. These days, full privacy is hardly an option for stars, but that is the price of stardom.

Even through this perspective K-Fed is hilarious because he tried so hard to be noticed that he clearly didn't want or care about privacy. The fall after his unlikely rise will continue to be televised, and we will keep laughing no matter how hard we try to keep our faces straight.

So, if gunner wants more privacy for our poor overexposed stars, gunner better find a more sympathetic star to defend. Oops, I mean gunner better find a star to defend, not a dried up douche bag like K-Fed.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Vice said...

Fine - she doesn't like K-Fed getting made fun of, then flip the script on her. Say it's tragic, that K-Fed is your idol, and you're sick of people hatin'. Start donning your halloween costume every day you have that class as a tribute. Also, wear a bandaid on your cheek until his luck turns around, and keep a bottle of hennessey with you at all times. At class, take a swig, then pour some on the floor. If anyone asks, it's a little for you, and a little for your homeboy K-Fed.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home