Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Bands I Like that Everyone Else Thinks Suck

I take alot of crap for the music I listen to...and the movies I like...and for being an asshole. Although I feel no need to justify my musical tastes, I have nothing else to write about at the moment. Unless someone wants to discuss the Economic Loss Doctrine.

Maroon 5

Songs About Jane, in my opinion, is one of the best albums ever created. The songs are much more than catchy, they capture emotion perfectly, which I feel is a very rare thing. For anyone who has ever played an instrument, sang in a choir, or studied the intricacies of music, you can instantly appreciate the complexity and degree of talent it takes to perform these songs. All naysayers can fuck themselves.

Five for Fighting

There must be something about the word "five" that combines with a band name to form awesome music. I admit, I was skeptical of this band the first time I saw them. They came my junior year of college, amidst a protest. It turns out that the student body narrowly elected to bring them in instead of Korn. However, live, Five for Fighting is amazing, the falsetto works incredibly well, and I think it's beautifully performed.

Nickelback

I'm not alone on this one. Nickelback is an all out good band, and I catch myself singing along to any number of their songs on the radio. Of the limited music videos I happen to catch while flipping from Survivorman to [Nic Cage movie], Nickelbacks' actually make sense, and work well with the song.

Starship

How the hell this band ever ranked as Rolling Stone's "Worst Band Ever" is beyond me. Granted, I only know the one song: We Built this City, but that song in and of itself makes my hundred greatest songs.

The Killers

I recently learned that some people I considered to be my friends don't like The Killers. I admit, I first grew to love this band because they were frequently featured on The O.C. However, the love is more than skin deep, as I've found myself enjoying everything I hear from them.

Kevin Federline

I'm just throwing that in there to see if people are still reading. Popozao was the worst song-no, compilation of noise, I have ever heard. If Britney Spears were running for office, I would not agree with her "no longer looking hot" policy, but completely agree with her K-Fed killing policy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vice said...

Dude, I think you are completely discounting Dogstar again.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Johnny Utah said...

Thank you...it's nice to know there are people out there who can appreciate bands other than the Smashing Pumpkins.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home