Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Idaidiot

Within a week of grey wolves being pulled from the endangered species list, the governor of Idaho has announced his state plan to hunt them until only 100 remain (the threshhold for endangered species status). His justification is that wolves are hunting elk, taking that opportunity away from tourist-hunters. Governor Butch Otter (admittedly, a badass name) stated "I'm prepared to bid for that first ticket to shoot a wolf myself,"

Clearly, elk aren't endangered in Idaho (I know three people that have shot elk in Idaho), so that must mean there are alot more of them than wolves. Simple laws of physics dictate that wolves cannot eat four times their mass, so that means that there are probably still plenty of elk out there for the killin'.

So why do I deviate from my normal pro-killing stance on wolves? Because they are beautiful, amazing creatures and simple nuisance can't justify a wolf holocaust. They were in Idaho long before people showed up and have every right to complain about elk hunters takin their jobs. Personally, I think the Republicans in Idaho are still swayed by the 2004 Bush campaign ad depicting Democrats and terrorists as wolves (which they had the tact to first air during wolf awareness week).

Check out the wolf ad:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MU4t9O_yFsY

Here's the story:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070112/ap_on_re_us/wolf_hunting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home