Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Random thoughts to avoid Civ Pro II

I woke up this morning, made some coffee and turned on the TV. Friday the 13th part VII was on so I decided to watch. I know that they're not very good movies, and are certainly predictible, but I found myself yelling at the screen like I was watching a football game. RUN!!! Jason clearly only walks, so why the hell do the people slow down!? Another thing that irritated me was that this was part VII of a murderous rampage and people still found it necessary to go to Camp Crystal Lake for spring break. Okay...we have Miami, Cancun, California, and Camp Crystal Lake. Jason has come back to life six time already to murder drunk teenagers, but I'm sure it won't happen to us. The only way you'd get me out there would be with a dozen tanks, lots of guns, and a huge pack of dogs trained to patrol at set intervals around my cabin. Plus beer. It is afterall, spring break.

Some of the dogs that would constitute the anti-Jason patrol around my spring break cabin.

I turned on the news after the movie ended...let's see, deaths in Iraq, commentary on the missing climbers, and a huge story about some pageant winner who almost got stripped of her Miss USA crown after drinking underage. Only in America is that a big issue. Some good looking girl wins a crown for being hot and is expected solely to look hot for another year. Yet, people make a big deal out of underage drinking and demand that she be stripped of her crown for failing to be a role model. Granted, I'm not a parent, but I'm pretty sure that when I become one, I'm going to steer my kids away from making Miss USA their role model in any event. There's something to aspire to: looking good for a year while speaking out against illiteracy. I could do that (although I'd be speaking FOR illiteracy). In any event, Miss USA most certainly has more power than the United Nations.

I'm looking over the Civ Pro II practice exams, and the professor placed a disclaimer at the bottom of her exams, explaining that "ALL THE PEOPLE AND COMPANIES IN THIS EXAM ARE FICTIONAL AND BEAR NO RELATIONSHIP TO ANY PERSON OR CORPORATION, LIVING OR DEAD." So let's assume that I'm the corporate counsel for IBM, what would I do in an average day? Review some contracts, make sure our stock transactions are legal, and scour every single law school exam in America to make sure no Civ Pro II professors are committing trademark infringement. If I've learned anything about Federal Jurisdiction, it sounds like this prof just earned herself a one way trip to federal court.

Finally, in international news, it's come out that ten additional hotel workers were apparently exposed to radioactive material. My favorite quote on the AP, however, tried to sum up the controversy: "He [the victim] accused the Kremlin of assassinating him." Now I'm not a doctor, but something tells me it would be difficult to accuse someone of assassinating you after you were dead. This is all pretty weird stuff, and the evidence does point towards political assassination, (much like the Republicans did to Paul Wellstone) and I'm pretty surprised this isn't a bigger story. Personally, if I were Vladimir Putin, I would have used America's preferred method of assassination: Chuck Norris. I'll catch the whole story once they make it into a movie, starring Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck, Liv Tyler, Steve Buscemi, Owen Wilson, Peter Stormare, and Billy Bob Thornton. I'm particularly interested in how the Russians blew up the meteor before it hit Earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home