Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

2007

Okay, so I'm more than a week late with this post, but there was only dial up internet where I was for the last few weeks (Afghanistan).

Current and Quasi-current Events

1. Passing of a President

No, I'm not talking about Gerald Ford. Lord knows we spent long enough burying the guy over forty-two consecutive months of mourning. I'm talking about the former President of the Republic of Iraq: Saddam Hussein. Yes, the guy was a pile of steaming monkey dung, but that was no execuse for America to march on in, put on a fantastic display of ridiculously unfair "show justice" and then put him to death within thirty days of appeal. We're supposed to be making Iraq a better place, but instead we did everything in our power to sponsor a trial that would have been unconstitutional in every sense in this nation. Fucking hypocrites.

2. Read this mail [points to genitals]

My second major outrage of the break came when I turned on the news and heard the anchors discussing President Bush's declaration that the government has the authority to open our mail without a warrant. Huh!!??? We all know that the Bush legal department is filled with a plethora of yes men (i.e. Gonzalez: torture is okay, so is wiretapping without a warrant), and we know that his administration and the U.S. Supreme Court are doing their best to write the Fourth Amendment out of the Constitution, but this flies in the face of just about everything I've learned about our basic rights. Of course after the initial outrage, Bush clarified his signing statement to restrict this right to "emergencies" but it's still scary how far this jackass is trying to push it.

3. The O.C.

Please observe a moment of silence...the LAST episode of the O.C. will air on February 22nd. Fox announced that it is cancelling the greatest thing ever to happen to the world earlier this month. I have nothing else to say that won't be laced with sobs, cursing, and inappropriate gestures.

The New Year

I made some resolutions that I hope to keep. Chief among them (I have a list of 18 or so) are to stay close to my friends, claw my way into the employment world, and fight fewer wolves. It's funny how we think something as arbitrary as the passing of a year will really form the foundation of major changes in people. Nevertheless I'm clinging to the myth that I can make a resolution and stick to it. Ought' six was a tough year for me, and I'm optimistic about ought' seven. Afterall, Stocco wore number 7.

I'm a little under two weeks away from starting my final semester of law school. It's crazy to think that after seven years of college I'll be ready for the real world. If it's not all that it's cracked up to be, I'll just go back to school. The school of Hard Knock Science.

Badassedry

Someone told me that the two weeks before my first semester of college would be the greatest time of my life. Man, that guy was an idiot!! Not only has every day since high school been way better than high school, but I intend to make these (almost) two weeks pretty durn awesome. Who's with me??

7 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Utah said...

I forgot to comment on the idiotic decision by the University of Minnesota to fire Glenn Mason as the head football coach. Never again will a person of such great integrity grace the land of the Golden Gophers.

2:00 AM  
Blogger RPM said...

Nor will a leader of the Golden Gophers blow 17-35 point leads in the same consistent fashion as Mason did.

I'm with you on everything. Maybe not the OC, but I defer to your institutional expertise on the subject.

I'll be back in Madtown on the 12th or 13th. Shots?

2:09 PM  
Blogger Ismael Tapia II said...

I am also down. Can we do shots without the L-Dawg? Is that legal? If it is, I'm down. If not, then copious beer will work, too. The Angelic apparently has $2 Spotted Cows every Tuesday.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Johnny Utah said...

Yes, but why get a spotted cow when Miller Light works just as well? I think shots would be more civilized in the absence of the L-dawg, but I'm always down for copious amounts of beer as well. And in any event, it seems that somebody left the Phillips in my freezer after being asked to take it back...it will be finished before we're done with school!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Ismael Tapia II said...

Speak for yourself on that one, dude. I don't want anything to do with that shit.

2:50 AM  
Blogger Vice said...

The OC is dead? Long live the OC! Or something to that effect.

Glad to hear everybody's on the way back, 'cept the Goulinas, who are undoubtedly still chillin in their mansion/private cruise ship being waited on by a legion of slaves. Anybody know if L-Dawg is taking any classes this semester? Advanced Tank Building, aka the one where the tank still doesn't work, but at least we've learned from the last tank catastrophe, perhaps?

8:35 AM  
Blogger RPM said...

This photo made me think of you.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home