Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

It was Bound to Happen

Well, the last spring break has come to an end and once again I'm in Madison on Easter, feasting on Qdoba. I'll leave the detailed descriptions to others, but I enjoyed myself and have a nicely sunburned body to let people know I was somewhere warm. Among the sunburned spots, includes my scalp. I've never burned there before and a look in the mirror confirmed the alarming truth: I'm beginning to bald. I knew that genetics were never on my side on this issue, but I was hoping to delay it until I could lock down a girl with my luxurious flowing hair. I'm desperately hoping that I'll be able to pull off the Vin Diesel chrome dome once the process continues.

Vin Diesel always makes me think of excellent movies, and now I have another one to add to the list: Grindhouse. It's no secret that I love pretty much everything Quentin Tarantino has ever done, and Grindhouse was no exception. Although it was a little bit long, the entire movie was hilarious, clever, and chucked full of hidden themes and meaning. It wasn't quite as good as the Kill Bills, and my jury is out on Reservoir Dogs, but I would put it on par with Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown. For anyone who is a fan of gratuitous violence, sordid humor, and B movies from the 70's, I wholeheartedly recommend this movie. It has a hot chick with a gun for a leg.

Otherwise, it's back to life, back to reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home