Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Random Observations

So after spending my afternoon on Civ Pro II, I came home to a well-deserved frozen pizza and 999 free channels. After last night's viewing of the Transporter II (which will be discussed, infra), I was in the mood for something a little more conventional and settled on Pulp Fiction. For the most part, I love Quentin Tarantino movies. They're violent, quirky, and outright absurd, but the guy can make his point in a way that nobody else can. However, I'm still not exactly sure what the hell Pulp Fiction is supposed to be about. I think the overriding theme is supposed to be the duality of man, good guys turning bad, bad guys turning good, etc. But I'm not exactly sure since Quentin Tarantino is either a hell of a lot smarter than me, or just really violent.

I feel the need to comment briefly on the Transporter II. Mainly, I have to find out where I can get an indestructible Audi, just like Jason Statham had in that movie. Seriously, it was shot hundreds of times, launched through a skyscraper, down about a hundred feet, and into another skyscraper, propelled through a giant explosion, and survived WITHOUT A SCRATCH. I also learned that you can survive a full-speed plane crash into the ocean (while you continue to fight), and can viably transport an antitode to a super potent virus in the human bloodstream. Also, for badass female assassins, apparently the best dress for combat is soaking wet in their underwear with a couple of machine pistols. Even by my standards, this movie was kind of a stretch.

Finals prep is relatively low-stress this semester. I don't actually start exams until the 18th, so I'm content with sleeping in and showing up at the library in the afternoon. I'll ramp up the studying as I get closer, but with only two "real" finals, I'm not feeling too stressed. I also have a couple of papers, but those should be pretty easily dispatched. So all in all, I'm just biding my time until I stage a coup in a small nation. Preferably someplace with a beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home