Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Monday, December 04, 2006

The state of my day

Bow down before me, for I am your King! After a six-hour marathon of outlining, I have condensed all of my knowledge on labor and employment law into 18 pages of reminders on what I don't remember/didn't read. I'd like to think of this as a significant achievement, since it's taken me weeks in past semesters to outline an entire class. Maybe I'm just that good.

I couldn't help but overhear several 1Ls talking about how panicked they were for exams, the job hunt, and class selections. I was tempted to emit a power guffaw in their general direction, but when they refused to limit their panicking to non-verbal commuication, like the aliens in Signs, I went downstairs to get something to eat. To my shock and amazement, the cost of a standard non-king sized Snickers bar is now 85 cents. I've been through professional responsibility twice, class with Kaplan and eaten Elegant Edibles bagles multiple times, so it's safe to say I've wasted enough money on this law school. I declined to buy the Snickers bar out of spite.

Yesterday, a group of friends and I were watching television and turned to a program about Osterich's (Osteri). I've tried valiently to find an opportunity to display my strength, intelligence, and skillz in the manner of the osterich, but chickened out. Also on TV, was a dog show in which a Bichon Frise won best in class. My dog was never that fluffy.

I'm delaying my departure because it's pretty cold outside. Granted, I grew up in Wisconsin and am accostumed to the winters by now (which I think are considerably milder than when I was younger). However, it always takes a couple of weeks to adjust to the shock and awe rained down by Jack Frost and I cringe at the thought of my contacts freezing to my eyeballs again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vice said...

As far as wasting money on law school, don't forget about our amazing first semester seminar with the illustrious Mr. Robert F. Kascieta, where we learned how to write like (ambulance-chasing, arrogant fat-ass prick) lawyers.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Johnny Utah said...

I was almost inspired to write about Osteri the other day but the urge passed. Perhaps once I hear about some of those Italian animals (i.e. lions and Christians) I'll review them!

Maybe the lack of large gold cufflinks has been what has been cramping my interview style. I'll have to remember to pick up a pair next time I'm at Wal-Mart.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home