Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

It's a Good Day to be Pissed

So I had to take my pimp ride out on official business this afternoon. I get back around 2:30 in the afternoon and there are no parking spaces anywhere. Then I spy a car parallel parking in what was easily a large enough space for two vehicles. He parks directly in the middle, not leaving enough room for me on either side. I pull up along side of his car and politely ask the driver if he would pull up so I could park as well.

"No," he responds, "I like to leave alot of room on either side so I don't have any trouble getting out." Then the guy had the audacity to say "excuse me" so he could open his car door. He left and walked around the block and I gave serious thought to performing some 'pressure adjustments' to his tires, even though the proper response would have been to pop the trunk, pull out a tire iron and perform pressure adjustments on his skull.

What the fuck is wrong with people today? The longer I stay here the more I see the destruction of common decency. The other day I was at T-Bell late at night and some drunk undergrads (probably no older than freshmen) threatened to call the INS because the guy at the counter wasn't working fast enough. They all thought it was hilarious. Sure, it's alright to have unpopular views, but there is no excuse to be an asshole. This whole city is full of dumbass kids spending their parent's money and acting like they own the universe. I for one, am sick of it.

It's funny, Xander Cage saw the same phenomenon in xXx. And what did he do about it? He took the boss asshole's Corvette and launched it off a bridge. And when Anarchy 99 proclaimed their right to "do what we want when we want," Xander tolerated it, until they violated the realm of common decency and killed a bunch of innocent scientists. Then he blew up their cars...and most of them. We can learn alot from Vin Diesel.

This is a call to arms to preserve the common law rule of common decency. When somebody takes more than they need at the expense of others, makes a drunk joke that isn't funny, or keeps the collar on his shirt flipped up, let your inner Xander Cage surface. If you don't, the law of common decency might be forever lost. Just think of what would have happened if the soldiers had given up during WWII. We'd all be speaking German and watching David Hasselhoff on MTV. Our grandparents had that war, we have this one...don't let your nation down.

2 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Utah said...

Chuck Norris is a wise man, indeed.

9:25 PM  
Blogger RPM said...

Pressure adjustments are so sorely lacking in social interactions these days. I first suggest a nudge forward from your ride to make room for both before adjusting his tires.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home