Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Yo Johnny, I'll see you in the next life!

The title of this post, of course, refers to the immortal words that Bodhi yelled to Johnny Utah at the end of Point Break, when he jumped on a jeep with Rosie in the Mexican desert and left Utah and Tyler standing amongst the parachutes and $100 bills floating around. For both Utah and Bodhi, the next life began at that moment. The Ex-Presidents were disbanded, Utah was ousted from his gang of blood brothers, and all had survived a harrowing and life changing experience. Each had important work to do and a new phase of life to attend to.

Today, I'm jumping on the jeep with Rosie (metaphorically speaking). I'm really, truly, leaving Madison after three years and I guess I'm experiencing the same degrees of regret, excitement, and trepidation that Bodhi and Utah felt in the Mexican desert. Although I'll be back, it won't ever be the same. My band of ex-Presidents will also be working and eventually spread all over the nation (better than the fate of the real ex-Presidents, though). And in the not-so-distant future, people will start settling down, getting dogs, having families, beginning successful careers, and in general, ruling the world. Although there is certainly nothing wrong with that, I imagine that I'll look back on the last few years now and then and wish I was still in law school.

So to everyone who didn't get a proper farewell, take these words to heart: Yo Johnny, I'll see you in the next life!

Now play some whimsical/nostalgic but still badass music in your heads.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vice said...

The difference, I think, is that we can't look out at the 50 foot waves and say "He's not coming back." You'll be back, hopefully soon, wreaking havoc once again.

Anyway, good luck with your first week. Just remember the basics -- concrete pillars, robots in the courtroom, and always threaten Federal Court.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey--let's not forget about live tigers. Live tigers are always awesome.

Mr. Utah, don't let the BRF get you down.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home