Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Real Life Space Cadet

The following story was too good to pass up comment. A NASA astronaut was arrested after an attempted kidnapping of a woman in Houston she believed to be interested in her fellow astronaut. Police quickly guessed the motive after they discovered emails detailing the other astronaut's love interest, which she had pirated from his email account. I'm not going to summarize the entire story, I'll just paste some actual quotes from the yahoo news version:

"Nowak [the astronaut] raced from Houston to Orlando wearing diapers so she wouldn't have to stop to urinate."

"If you were just going to talk to someone, I don't know that you would need a wig, a trench coat, an air cartridge BB gun and pepper spray," said Sgt. Barbara Jones."

"They also found a steel mallet, a 4-inch folding knife, rubber tubing, $600 and garbage bags."

"According to NASA's official biography, Nowak is married with three children."

WOW! After all this, I couldn't help thinking of Maurice Clarett...only instead of being caught with several guns and a hatchett, she dressed in a wig and diapers and carried a BB gun. I had wanted to be an astronaut since I was like 8, but they wanted "scientists." Looks like they didn't read her application too closely because she displays all of the craziness of a scientologist. Honestly? This is who we have flying the space shuttle? Hey NASA! Over here! [Nudges head towards unemployed law student].

My digest of this story really doesn't do it justice...check it out at yahoo news or cnn.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070206/ap_on_re_us/astronaut_arrested

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/05/space.love/index.html

4 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Utah said...

Now the Florida prosecutors have charged her with attempted first degree intentional homicide...and in the affidavit, they use the fact that she wore diapers during her drive as evidence of intent to murder.

Yes, I'm glad we got this monster off the street. Just think of what she could have done with her BB gun and diapers.

I've seen people charged with Disorderly Conduct for giving a noogie and child abuse for spanking a 13 year old, but this charging decision blows every other questionable charging decision out of the water. I wish there was a bat signal for Walter J. Dickey...only he could straighten this mess out.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Johnny Utah said...

HELP!!! The people in charge of my blog have demanded I switch to the "new format"...however, there are technical difficulties that are preventing that. If so, I bid you all a fond fairwell, it's been a good ride at Utah, Get me Two.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Ismael Tapia II said...

NO, Utah, you must stay! What will the masses do without you?

10:26 AM  
Blogger Johnny Utah said...

I'm working on it, but for the life of me, I can't get to a point that doesn't result in error messages.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home