Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

You're Fired, Fire!

Due to the fact that I haven't been grocery shopping in the approximately three and a half weeks I've been back, I decided to make one of my favorite "standby" dishes for lunch: tuna melt. I opted to forego the soggy taste of the microwave, and make the sandwhiches on the rotating pizza cooker thing we have in the kitchen.

Apparently, the pizza cooker was a bit hotter than normal today. I smelled something that resembled flaming bread and tuna, and upon turning around, saw flames erupting from my sandwhiches. After emitting a quasi-panicked yelp, I batted at the sandwhiches with an oven mitt and pushed them into a nearby garbage can. Relieved, I turned around to get another can of tuna for try #2 and smelled the same thing. It seems the sandwhiches ignited the garbage around them to form a new, oven mitt resistant "super fire."

I debated making a run for the fire extinguisher, but didn't want to pay for the recharging fee, so I opted to dump my nearby liquids on it instead. That fire got my Pepsi and most of the water from the half-empty glasses my roommate leaves strewn about the kitchen (much like the little girl in Signs). Being fully cognizant that most villians rise for a final attack after being subdued, I chose to leave the final conflagration confrontation for a stranger, and heaved the trash heap into a waiting garbage bin outside.

In the immortal words of Conan O'Brien's Arnold Schwartzenegger: "You're fired, fire!"

5 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Utah said...

Well, YT, if I ever catch you up in this again, I'll make sure to comment on your nice corpse.

Also, I'm aware that I misspelled "Sandwich." I'm just too lazy to change it.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Ismael Tapia II said...

Dude, that's the kind of thing that can only ever happen in Utah-land. Hilarious.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Vice said...

I'm pretty sure ytzhang0210 was actually Eugene. Let me explain. Drop the number 0210 - lots of people add numbers to their web ID's. Then you've got "Ytzhang." The "tzh" part is an add-in, just like "izzle" (As in "the D-O-Double-Gizzle"). Remove that, and you've got one Eugene Yang, the Oriental scourge himself.

That sneaky bastard.

8:57 AM  
Blogger RPM said...

Why aren't you filmed constantly for our amusement?

This sort of incident could only happen in Utah...

4:26 PM  
Blogger Johnny Utah said...

I actually think I figured out the problem...you see, when the bread rises too high and contacts the burning things, it starts on fire.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home