Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Monday, February 05, 2007

So yeah, it's pretty cold out

I think I've finally found something colder than my heart...the outdoors. Now, I'm usually not one to complain about the cold. I grew up in Wisconsin and I've spent alot of time in the wintery outdoors. Most of the time I hear someone mention how cold it is, I call them some variation of a woman or part thereof. However, when the actual high is in the negatives and the windchill is enough to literally make me lose feeling in my legs, I cave to my own disgust of complaining about the temperature and, well, complain about the temperature.

There's a reason I'm sitting here bitching about the cold instead of learning family law. That reason is because the professor had the courtesy to allow me to walk all the way up here, then send someone from the office to announce class was cancelled. If my blood had been circulating, instead of floating in my veins like a series of tiny icebergs, I would have been pissed. Instead, I'm sitting in the 'brary dreading my eventual return to the outdoors. What I wouldn't give for a dog sled team right about now.

An annoying side effect of the extraordinarily cold weather is the fact that local schools close down, leaving the children stranded with their law school parents. Now normally, I don't mind kids. They're good to scare or harass with pitchforks and tridents. However, what I DO mind, is those parents who find it necessary to turn my classes into a day care. Bus Orgs is distracting enough as it is without a bunch of little punks talking, asking loudly for snacks, and crawling around. I understand that with school cancelled, there's nowhere for the kids to go, but there is somewhere for the parents to go. Bite the bullet, stay home with the child you were responsible enough to keep alive to this point, and let me enjoy the old school stylings of Professor Ohnesorge in peace. Equally annoying are the children people bring to the atrium and ask others to look after. The screams of an infant tend to carry beyond the classroom walls. Unless somebody unleashed Predator in the atrium, there's no excuse for that kind of bellowing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kath said...

Check this out my friend...

http://www.dane101.com/adventure/2007/02/04/danetube_madison_cold_water_experiment

I would move to a warmer climate, Australia maybe, but I'll take the cold over the killer eagles...

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home