Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Marissa in a coma?

I was surfing the internet, and happened to come across several sites on the O.C. It appears that there is an online petition circling to have the O.C. producers "put Marissa in a coma" instead of following through with the obvious death scene. I love the O.C., and Marissa is as big a part of my life as real people, but that plotline is stupid for the following reasons.

1. It's gay.
2. It crosses the line from simply implausible to just plain stupid.
3. It casts the O.C. in the same situation as a soap opera, rather than the serious and realistic drama that it is.

Notice the Dieseleque explosion in the background.


This reminds me of another show that I picked up and watched to exhaustion after it was off the air...Magnum P.I. In the middle of the 6th season of Magnum, Thomas Magnum was killed off, which was supposed to be the end of the show. The show was supposed to end after that season. But alas, the viewers were so outraged that they forced a successful petition to continue the show for another season. So what was the solution the producers of Magnum, P.I. came up with to his obviously dead body, the funeral episode, and the eventful second half of the sixth season? Magnum was in a coma and EVERYBODY dreamed the events of the second half. Needless to say, I couldn't take the seventh season seriously, I was so thrown.

Assuming that Mischa Barton doesn't have a fantastic movie career outside of the O.C., there is the danger that she'll return in a couple of years. Stupid. Absolutely fucking ridiculous. Characters that aren't dead can return, but coma girls are crossing the line. If that's the case, we might as well have Johnny rise as a Vampire and learn three seasons later that Caleb Nichol faked his death to escape financial troubles. I love the O.C. and will not allow this travesty to happen.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ismael Tapia II said...

Don't forget Roseanne, where the entire last season was a dream (I think because it sucked and they needed a reason to explain why it sucked so hard).

Also, there was the second Bob Newhart show where, at the end of the final episode, he woke up and was in his bed from the first Bob Newhart show with his wife from the first Bob Newhart show. That was awesome.

12:20 AM  
Blogger Johnny Utah said...

The fact that anyone ever watched Roseanne is a miracle in and of itself.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Ismael Tapia II said...

Roseanne was a hella-good show for a while, dude.

Besides, what fucking standing do you have Mr. I-Wish-I-Lived-In-The-O.C.-Because-
Then-I-Would-Jerk-Off-While-Thinking-
About-Myself-At-All-Times.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home