Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Friday, May 05, 2006

And the Roundhouse Goes to...UW.

It's official: The University of Wisconsin has figured out yet another way to rape me. Starting in June, the cost of official transcripts for students will go up 800 percent from zero, to eight dollars per transcript! Oh, but don't worry, the price goes down to $6.50 per transcript if you order 25 or more.

Judging by OCI last year and the firms I plan to send letters out to next year, I will need between 40 and 60 transcripts...all at a mere cost of about $260.00. What could the budget crisis possibly be that requires such a gigantic increase in transcript price? The way I figure, is if we can't afford to buy transcripts, we won't get jobs. Without jobs, there is no choice but to stay in school. Nice little scam these fuckers have going for them. Guess I'll just have to fall back on plan B: Kill everyone. See what education has done to me?

2 Comments:

Blogger Vice said...

LOL

You can't argue with logic.

1:30 PM  
Blogger RPM said...

I wrote a stern email to whoever the "contact" was at the transcript explanation website. What an abomination. I mostly took issue to their suggestions that the change is GOOD. If they had merely said, "hey look, we need money, this sucks but sorry," they would have some integrity. But no, they say it will be more convenient and better run.

My favorite lines in email:

Convenience of waiting 1-3 days instead of 5 minutes, value of paying $8 each instead of $0. This will make getting a job after graduation about $500 more expensive for me.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home