Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Crooked Motherfuckers

I guess in some sense I should have known what I was getting into. Afterall, I made an agreement with the University of Wisconsin. Upon signing on for the Public Defender Project, I was told that I would be making around four grand for the summer along with three credits paid by the university. Somewhere along the way, the system broke down.

Apparently, I now have to pay for the three credits...all at a mere cost of $1500. Also, the University and SPD are facing "budget cutbacks" at the last minute. According to my calculations, the best case scenario would have me making minimum wage, EXACTLY, all summer long. What really pisses me off is that the University of Wisconsin is getting all of this money for NOTHING. There is no supervision, no real work going into the money. Nope, just me getting anally probed once again by the assholes on Bascom Hill.

So what are the consequences? After rent, utility bills, health insurance and some basic expenses around home, I will have exactly zero dollars. Since gas is so expensive, i am now effectively grounded in Hudson all summer long. No trips to Madison, and certainly no beer. The UW has reached a new level of power and control over my misery, since they have now effectively transformed me into a sixteen year old again. Fucking whorebags.

1 Comments:

Blogger RPM said...

Sucka, I'm making slightly above minimum wage. Kind of makes me wish I had cared about firms and their dumptrucks full of money. At least my soul is not under siege.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home