Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Goodbye, sweet TRL

After ten years, MTV is pulling the plug on its own lifeless Terry Schiavo: Total Request Live, or TRL for those of you still down with the Hip-Hip lingo. Many of you remember the show that gave man-birth to mega-douche Carson Daly and featured the novel concept of a musical countdown punctuated by visits from popular artists and way too many commercials for any generation prior to X.

So what does this mean for America? More music on music television? The end of the Justin Timberlake era? Road Rules v. American Gladiators? Only time will tell. Until then, I'd like to sign off with some lyris that have sheparded me through the toughest of times, that I never would have known but for TRL:

"I did it all for the nookie, the nookie, the nookie, so you can take that cookie and stick it up your [crowd] aaaaa, stick it up your [crowd] aaaa, stick it up your [crowd] aaaa, stick it up your...[reprise]"

Godspeed.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/tv_total_request_live

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home