Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

So I lost my first trial yesterday. I don't want to sound like a cock, but I've never lost before so it was difficult to hear the "guilty" verdict. Even more difficult being that this was a felony case and the guy now faces the stigma of being a convicted felon. I basically spent all night going over the testimony in my head, wondering if I should have objected at different places or asked questions differently. I know it probably wouldn't have helped, given the evidence, but it's hard not to feel responsible.

My supervisor tells me not to worry and that we shouldn't care about losing one, especially a bad case. However, I'm glad that it feels bad...it makes me a human being. Hell, I had patients die on me in the past and I went out for Dairy Queen afterwards, so this is a step up. I think when people stop caring it's time to move on. Anyways, next time I'll have to remember to punch through a concrete pillar to impress the jury.

3 Comments:

Blogger RPM said...

Good to see the humanity increase. It's not as high as the killing power, so I also recommend more outrageous tactics to impress the jury.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Johnny Utah said...

Yeah, I think more than anything I just don't like to lose. I should have introduced the tiger into evidence.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Johnny Utah said...

Yeah, if it wasn't for inculpatory evidence, I'd win every time.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home