Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

And guns shall set you free!

Polk County, WI:

GUNS ARE GOOD. At least the Court agreed with me when it bought my Second Amendment argument that we have the right to defend our homes and dogs with concealed weapons. There's now one more gun on the streets, and the world is a little bit safer, thanks to me. I can't believe that after all the time I spent thinking about bear arms, I'm finally seeing practical results.

On an earlier date, the Judge was introducing my supervising attorney and myself to the jury and told them that I am FROM Madison. I may as well have stood up and said "I'm from New York, go ACLU!" If we hadn't have gotten a mistrial earlier in the evening (Which is one wildly bizarre story I will tell another time), I would have moved for one on the grounds of improperly prejudicing the jury. I bitched at the judge for it later, but she didn't seem to get it. For those of you unfamiliar with Polk County, picture a redneck-ridden shanty and surround it with fifty bars. Not metal bars...but bars filled with Pabst Blue Ribbon. So basically the greatest place on earth. But not a great place to be "from" Madison. One farmer had something smartass to say about it and I roundhoused him in the temple. Then I roundhoused his cows for the aggravation he caused me. Then I roundhoused myself and things went black. Then I woke up here. The end.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vice said...

I know what you mean about rural counties and the stigma of Madison. I think if a judge did that to me and I got up to speak to the jury, I'd have to preface my whole argument with, "Now, before you start thinking I'm a dirty, stinking, filthy hippie..."

8:39 AM  
Blogger Ismael Tapia II said...

Whoa, hold on. You don't have to be from rural Wisconsin to hate hippies. In fact, I find that if you spend enough time around hippies, you come to loathe them.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home