Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Week in Review

This week had me scanning want ads after I was informed the latest batch of shit I pulled may lead to my termination. Long story short, the bosses upstairs now know my name, and not in a good way. But on Friday the whole thing went away in a fantastically anticlimactic manner.

Immediate Boss: So the big bosses said never do it again.
Me: That's it?
Immediate Boss: What did you learn?
Me: That I'm invincible?

In other news, I literally stayed up all night reading a book I found too riveting to put down. This hasn't happened to me since seventh grade when I read the John Grisham book that made me want to be a lawyer/space warrior. (It also happened in law school, but definitely not because I found the reading material riveting). Suffice it to say, I love Chuck Palahniuk. I'd read fight club way back when the movie came out, so I don't know why it took me so long to read another of his works, but Choke totally encapsulates the "I'm fucked up, but not much happens until the plot twist" modern Hemingway style that I loved so much in Fight Club. Plus it was funny as hell...in a really dark way. You'd all benefit from reading it.

Finally, I recently found myself pondering whatever happened to Fergie? Not so many months ago the radio was flooded with "My Humps," "London Bridge," "G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S," or other incredibly shitty noise and I couldn't open up Yahoo without reading about how she pissed herself on stage or committed some other hilarious meth-induced antic. Is she dead? Hibernating? Spelunking an Afghani cave with Bin Laden? It's a serious question that absolutely deserves the pondering I've given it just now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vice said...

Actually, she and the Black Eyed Peas came out with another turd-squirt of a song called "Boom, Boom, Pow!" or something. It's dumber than it sounds, if possible.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home