Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Friday, February 08, 2008

Pimped out ride (Chelsea Clinton)

So apparently one of the top stories in the political arena this moment is the "deplorable" suggestion that the Clinton campaign "pimped out" Chelsea Clinton by having her call celebrities and superdelegates for her mother's campaign. Clinton's campaign manager described the remark as "beneath contempt" and MSNBC has temporarily suspended the anchor, David Shuster.

Maybe I'm not getting the whole story here, but I don't see how this remark was bad at all. Sure, if the full text of the remark was that Chelsea Clinton had been pimped out by calling celebrities and superdelegates..."and then allowing them to run a train on her for political support," I would understand the outrage. However, it seems to me that Shuster simply used outdated ghetto slang to suggest what everybody already knows: Hillary Clinton is a holier than thou political whore.

The suggestion that "pimped out" means anything other than "used for campaign purposes" insults the intelligence of every American with the IQ of retard on up. First off, with her money, if Hillary Clinton wanted to garner support through sexual favors, she could hire someone way better looking than Chelsea Clinton. (However, the picture used in the Yahoo article makes her look much better than the trained St. Bernard with alopecia I remember from the 90's). Second, if somebody called me pimped out, I would be like "Hellz yes, biatch." Hillary's people need to wake the fuck up and realize that an outraged reaction to stupid shit like this will only draw greater ire to the woman many of us have already pledged never to vote for. If this is the kind of reaction we can expect from her as a President, I'm certain that China will be nuked the second they send over a bad batch of novelty rubber vomit.

So in sum, if X to the Z Xzibit wants to put some some loud subwoofers, flatscreen TV's and diamond-studded rims on Chelsea Clinton, I'd tell him there's nothing wrong with being pimped out.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080209/ap_on_el_pr/msnbc_clinton

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know if you've seen what actually happened, but here it is. If I were Shuster, I would tell the Clintons and MSNBC to go fuck themselves--I wouldn't apologize, and I respect him less for apologizing over and over again like he has. It was such a throw-away line, it's bullshit that the Clintons are making a big deal out of it.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Kath said...

A whole month without a post Mr. Utah? I've been waiting for more animal profiles. Isn't it time you covered the squirell? What are you doing... working all the time? Hope it's going well. Happy VD by the way.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home