Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Wildcat!

It appears that beach cats aren't the only treacherous brand of feline roaming the American countryside. This morning I left for work approximately forty-five minutes before my first hearing. I stopped at the intersection from my parking lot to turn onto the road and saw that traffic was gridlocked. A quick scan uncovered the reason for the delay: A tail-less kitten was sitting in the middle of the intersection and approaching various cars.

After a wait of about three minutes, the junior cat left the road and sauntered directly under my car. I knew I couldn't run the bastard over with every stopped motorist pointing under my car, so I exited. Sure enough, the kitten was lying in wait under my car, slowly walked out, and began meowing at me like it owned the place. Immediately, I flashed the kitten my gang sign to let it know that it was on my turf.

Wouldn't you know it, I was stupid enough to leave my car door open and the bastard jumped inside and sat on the passenger seat! At this point, I wasn't entirely sure on how to proceed. If I didn't remove it, the cat would think that I was some scum of the earth taxi driver. However, if I did try to remove the wild animal, it was liable to bite my face off. Eventually I made the decision that my dignity was more important than my face. Damnit, I'm an attorney and that wildcat was going to respect my authority.

I removed the kitten with remarkable ease. However, it just sat there, looking at me and meowing. I made some cat noises with my mouth and the motherfucker followed me everywhere in the parking lot. A plan slowly formed and I allowed the kiten to follow me to the far end of the parking lot, then I sprinted back to my car, jumped inside and prepared to do a victorious burnout. However, the cat darted under my vehicle before I could put the car into drive. I tried this plan a couple more times without success. For a tiny animal, that kitten is one fast beast of prey.

Several minutes passed and the situation was getting ridiculous. I lured the kitten over to the woods near my house. Petting it, the kitten purred. I then gently picked it up, and hurled it down an incline into the woods. Yes, I know, one who hurls small animals into the woods is normally a bad person, but remember, cats always land on their feet. This kitten apparently had the instinct and landed A-OK, but still bolted up the hill towards me. However, the incline thwarted the kitten's previous agility and allowed me to make my escape from the parking lot. As I escaped at a rather high speed, I saw the kitten chasing after my car.

Had this been a Beverly Cleary book, I would have been obligated to adopt the wildcat. Unfortunately for this homeless feline, this is AMERICA, and no creature, plant, rock, or superintelligent computer-being has the right to beg for handouts. I was late to court but didn't have the nerve to tell the judge that my tardiness stemmed from tossing a kitten off a hill. I blamed traffic.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vice said...

You really ought to be documenting these ongoing battles of Nature v. Zachar so that you can put them in a book someday. Then you'll be at a level of fame on par with Maddox and Robert Hamburger.

Also, I love the fact that you flashed your gang sign to show the cat it was on your turf, then it jumped into your car and sat on the seat. Fucking hilarious.

6:21 PM  
Blogger RPM said...

How does this continue to happen? Hilarious stuff.

When you retire you should go to Alaska or Africa for even better encounters.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dude, you should have kept the cat. I don't care what you say, you love cats. And they clearly love you.

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home