Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sometimes you eat the bar

With the stressors that accompany law school, everyone has different methods of coping. Some people jog. Others turn to their friends and family. The other ninety-eight percent of the student body drinks. I was once told that lawyers are to alcohol what vampires are to blood and after three years in this place, the once humorous comparison is now just mildly funny because it's true. Kind of like Seinfeld standup.

Our nearly unanimous affinity for alcohol is what made bar review so special...we could all go out and drink pre-weekend without having to feel like alcoholics because everyone else is there. However, tomorrow is the last bar review. Ever. Sure, the tradition will live on amongst the 1L's and 2L's who are still studying in an effort to seduce the cruel mistress that is legal employment, but I can't ever go back. I'd be like that guy who goes back to the high school parking lot two years after he graduated to rev his engine and talk about his job at the Amoco station. So tomorrows bar review will be special.

When I say "special" I don't mean that I'll get hammered. It merely means that I'll be especially cognizant of all those special bar review moments I've had over the years and drink one for all the homies that have gone before me. I'll remember the stupidity, the release from the pressures of school, the time someone sprayed mace in the bar, and the morning after bar review when I joined a very special club of people who had to leave class to go throw up.

I know we all have our favorite bar review memories, and I'm hoping we'll have a chance to share them at the last official bar review.

"I'm glad to be with you, Samwise Gamgee, here at the end of all things." -Frodo Baggins.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vice said...

Good times, great oldies. Thanks for the call last night.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Kevin Lomax said...

Leaving class to throw up. Good times. Good times.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home