Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Monday, April 17, 2006

I've met the enemy and it is me.

So I'm pissed at myself. Once again, I've managed to fuck things up by training myself not to succeed. Oh I've succeeded in many things: school, work, drinking battles, and fights with wild animals, but I think anybody who knows me knows the failure I'm talking about. Women.

I had backup, confirmation that she was single, and plenty of time to get myself confident. When the moment of truth came, I couldn't say a few simple words: "Want to hang out sometime?" "If you need a study break, we can go get coffee..." "I'll be here quite a bit over the summer, we should hang out..." Even "let's fuck" would have been better than my awkward smile and "take care." Now she's gone and I'll never see her again.

So what the fuck is wrong with me? I have no clue. I feel like I'm wandering around in this state of purgatory where my only attributes are quasi-confidence and sleep aids. I'm not saying that it's my sole mission in life to get into a relationship. Rather, it would be nice to have some self-assurance that sooner or later I'll snap out of this state I'm in. The problem is I have no clue where I'm going to find it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vice said...

Once again, I'd like to reiterate the Dilweg Imperative. Next time you're in that type of situation, just look her straight in the eye and say "I'm not Anthony Dilweg. I want to pork you, softly."

11:54 AM  
Blogger Ismael Tapia II said...

Doesn't matter, Utah!

You fucking stepped up to the plate yesterday. You're the Man.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Vice said...

He's absolutely right. You've officially broken the hymen on making the first move. And, as a wise man once said, "Once you've broken the hymen, you've broken the ice."

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home