Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Completely Awesome

Television has compiled its list of the 100 greatest catchphrases of ALL TIME. Among them are Neil Armstrong's proclamation of "one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind," Al Michals exclamation at the end of the 1980 Olympic hockey game between the U.S. and the Soviet Union "Do you believe in Miracles?" and President Kennedy "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."

Also making the list were two quotes that have changed my life.

"Welcome to the O.C., bitch!" -Luke Ward, the O.C.

"Tell me what you don't like about yourself." Drs. McNamara and Troy, Nip/Tuck

Out of everything that has ever been said on T.V., TV Land saw fit to recognize that the O.C. and Nip/Tuck on an equal level as one of the greatest games ever played, President Kennedy's historic speech, and Apollo 11 landing on the moon. This truly is a great day for all of us.

Don't believe me?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061127/ap_en_tv/tv_catchphrases

4 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Utah said...

Well, I believe the list was titled "Greatest catchphrases." A reasonable person can interpret this to mean that nothing better has EVER been uttered on television. I wish they had been ranked online...I really wanted to see how the O.C. stacked up against history.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Ismael Tapia II said...

That list pretty much sucked. Where was "By the power of Greyskull . . ." or "Thunder, thunder, thunder, Thundercats, Ho!" And how could they have omitted "By your powers combined, I am Captain Planet!"?

The fact of the matter is that they're idiots, as evidenced by kristin's comment.

And, seriously, welcome to the O.C., bitch? I've never heard that.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Ismael Tapia II said...

Am I the only one who thinks that involuntary defecation looks pretty sweet?

1:27 PM  
Blogger Johnny Utah said...

As the only one here who's (probably) actually had to deal with involuntary defecation, I can assure you that the results are indeed NOT sweet.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home