Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Welcome to the real world, Utah

Well, the good news is, I have superpowers. I dreamed the EXACT sequence that two of my rejections would take. Today it happened, when I got three rejection letters.

Over the past few weeks I've been rejected from every single one of the firms/agency I interviewed with, leaving me with a semester to go and absolutely no prospects for the future. Other than blind rage, I think I'm left with a sense of bewilderment as to what I'm doing wrong. I've got good grades, went out of my way to get practical experience, and would generally consider myself to be pleasant and hard-working. Yet nonetheless, I've been blackballed everywhere I applied. And for those who are wondering, I haven't been telling the story about the time I slept through the ambulance page.

Qualifications are nothing without connections, and I have none. I've been trying to comfort myself by thinking that these firms are losing someone who would have been really good at the job, but I'm being naive. The real world is alot like high school...the people in charge know who the winners are and I'm not part of the clique. I had really high hopes for some of these interviews and now I'm back to square one. Frankly, I'm terrified that I'll end up on State Street singing "hallelujia" for change with the homeless guys.

Logic dictates that I should go get hammered right now, but for some unexplainable reason I feel compelled to continue studying. Maybe I'll end up like Rudy, and be rewarded for my perseverence. Afterall, some people live the dream, some people have to build it. However, the realist in me knows I'm just going to end up getting fucked in the ass.

1 Comments:

Blogger RPM said...

Please keep dreaming that dream. The minute you give up, you're just, in the spirit of your post, bending over waiting for it. MZRM is still alive for emergency use.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home