Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Things on my Mind

I finally got some food into the bloodstream, so I can sit down and blog about the serious things in life. I had a panicked moment earlier where I thought I had left my computer in the law school atrium, but what once was lost now is found. For those that don't know, when I don't eat for awhile, I start shaking and get really faint and can't concentrate. It's that same feeling you get when you hear mmm'bop for the first time. But now I've had a couple of sandwiches and I'm ready to blog about the events in my life.

So it's official: the last of my high school/college girlfriends is getting married (I use the plural here to make it sound like I've had tons). I got an email today with the news and inviting me to the wedding. Don't get me wrong, things actually ended well with this one. We're still good friends and I plan on going to the wedding. However, it's always a little depressing to see others move on.

Whenever I go home to meet with the family (and I'm using the term "family" to mean "extended family") they always badger me about being single. Afterall, my parents were married young, my aunts and uncles were married young, and my grandparents were married at an age where I was still in high school marching band. At first, I was like Yeah, I can rebel and have a legitimate excuse for being single; but let me tell you, once you hit year 25, that changes a bit.

I have no intention of getting married anytime soon. But it would be nice to stop being single. Over the past three years I've spent so much time trying to scramble to an employable position that I really haven't thought of much else (the operative word in this sentence, by the way, is 'trying') Except badass movies. And the O.C. However, looking back, I think I would have done things differently. I came out of college kind of heartbroken and it took a long time to get over. Sure, there were things that didn't really help any...like a certain bitch who told me she only dates "good looking guys" or an incident involving Taco John's (the GACers know what I'm talking about here!), but like Mikey in Swingers, I should have changed my attitude a long time ago. From this point on, I'm going to hypnotize myself to act like Trent. Man, I'm so money.

Anyways, I'm still a big believer in not clinging to the past, so let's turn to the present. We've started meetings for Law Revue and I'm looking forward to doing something creative again. I like to laugh, hang out with the people in the show, and in general be a jackass. It should be a good time this year again. With less random profanity in sketches like oh, say, Family Feud.

The job search is progressing. I had another dream last night that I was rejected by a firm I really liked, so I'm taking that as a harbinger and an invitation to flood the midwest with my resumes. I'll find a job eventually and if not, I'm fully confident in my abilities to subsist on PD appointments for awhile. That or McDonald's.

Anyways, I'm turning my attention now to criminal litigation. The professor had the common decency to give us TWO DAYS to learn federal sentencing practices and I'm a little behind. But I'm confident in my ability to BS the hell out of this one. Utah out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home