Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

So I took a read of the last couple of posts...wow, was that ever depressing. I won't even pretend to have something deep and meaningful to say, because I don't. So I'll just say something about the last couple of days.

Today I helped with a movie for a satirical look at law school. I played a relatively minor part, and frankly, I think it should be cut just because this "professor" isn't very well known and people may not get the reference. It was still fun. In the movie, I was supposed to be attacked by a ninja-like character, with nothing other than a gigantic gavel. While practicing for the gigantic blow to the face (and I use the term "blow" here solely to convey pain), I slammed my head on the desk in front of me pretty hard. It really fucking hurt! Know I have a gigantic knot on my forehead and an excedrin headache.

I did some work for awhile at school (a mix of classwork and client work) then came home and watched the Badgers take on Cornell in an unprecedented six periods of hockey. Naturally, the Badgers won. Thank you, Stocco. In the middle, I flipped Family Guy on and off. I love Family Guy as much as the next person, in fact, probably more than the next person, but the reference to "cutting" at the end really wasn't that funny for me. I guess there's a line, even for FOX programs. Even though I laughed, on the inside.

Tomorrow morning I register for the summer programs. I'm spending the summer in a public defender's office, basically acting as a public defender. It should be awesome, and I'm pumped about having so much responsibility and getting alot of experience. However, I'm nervous on several levels about the whole thing. First, what if I fuck up and somebody goes to jail? My experiences at my clinic this year leads me to believe that supervisors won't necessarily catch mistakes, in fact, they tend to make them worse. Second, what if I do awesome and I find myself with all kinds of job connections? I know this sounds like a weird thing to worry about, but then I'll be stuck in my home county for all eternity. I had a wonderful childhood, but I think it's time for me to move on and establish myself AS myself someplace else. Third, I'm living at home and high school rules are still on. No drinking, excessively late nights, or profound displays of public affection with the opposite sex (not that I'm having any private displays of affection with the opposite sex at the moment anyways). Guess I'll be spending alot of weekends in Madison. It's all good though, I'll have a solid mix of late nights in Madison, and fighting with my dog on the weekdays. Dogs are outstanding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home