Utah, Get Me Two

Badassedry at its finest, I dedicate this site to Gary Busey's performance as Angelo Pappas in Point Break. An absolutely phenomenal movie that I try to live my life by.

Sunday, March 05, 2006



Jimmy Cooper Sandy Cohen

I'm going through hella-mad withdrawal from the OC at this moment. Four weeks and I already have the shakes. Now I know what Kanye West was talking about when he spoke of "18 years" as a bad thing. For those of you who think the OC is lame, it's still not too late for an abortion. Above is a picture of Sandy Cohen, the man I hope to one day become. Public defender with a full head of hair who married into an ultra-rich family in California. Did I mention his wife is hot? I have a ways to go though.
Right now, I'm most like Jimmy Cooper (pictured above, left). Hesitant, impulsive, driven, and absolutely incapable of forming a coherent non-stuttering chain of words around most women. I even got attacked like Jimmy did. Granted, it was by a homeless guy and not a loan shark I had failed to repay, but since the homeless guy had demanded 50 cents and I was unwilling to pay, the similarities are astounding.
So why do I want to be Sandy over Jimmy? To any true OC fan, the answer is obvious. Jimmy's life is a series of blunders. He screwed up his investments, embezzled money to cover it up, and lost all credibility in the community as a result of his impulsiveness. Not that I would do that, nor do I think that Jimmy is a bad person for making mistakes. However, it demonstrates one character trait that I most definitely do not want: the constant need to conform to the "norm" wrecked Jimmy's chances at true happiness. Blunders aren't the bad thing, it's the thought that they're unavoidable in order to keep the life you "should" have.
So in sum, I guess I'm alot more like Sandy Cohen than I thought. Jimmy at the surface, Sandy to the core. I just need to let my inner Sandy surface. Oh, and I need to learn to surf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home